Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Expectations

Not everything goes the way you want it. I find that lately I am falling short of my own expectations--my grades, my scores, my personal life--it constantly feels like I'm failing myself somehow. I don't think that I need to revise my standards. I think that the expectations that I have set for myself are not too high, but somehow my short comings still need to the addressed. I need a new, more rigorous study program for the second test. I need a new plan for my studies, keeping up with my homework and projects. I need a new exercise regiment, something to keep my body as active as my mind. More than anything, I need to have more faith in myself and my abilities. I need to think that I can achieve what I want, even if I have to work harder than some others to get there. I'm not like everyone else I know. Perhaps some people test better that others, and many other people's parents can afford for them to take courses that will help bring up their scores. I'm not one of those people, so I just need to do the best I can with what I have. If my second scores are high enough to meet my standards, than perhaps I can convince the schools that I'm interested in that my first test was a complete fluke. I have a lot riding on this test, and perhaps if my second goes as poorly as my first, then maybe at that point I need to consider the possibility of an MA program instead of a JD. I don't want to feel like I have gotten to that point. I don't want to fail at something that I feel would be in my best interests.

No comments: