Sunday, October 12, 2008

Idle thoughts

At least no one can say that this wasn't a predictable result of me trying to juggle just one too many activities and getting caught up in the process.

My senior year. Hard to believe that I've finally gotten this far. So close to where I want to be, but so far from knowing what the hell that even is. I'm sitting at my desk trying to type out something about American power, trying to make thoughts come together and things make sense, but all in all I think that my time would be better spent sleeping or reading. I guess those are just the things that I want to do, not really what would be better for me. It's an interesting question though--American power. So many things to consider. Myself, I think that the reason why the United States is seen as being in a unique position from the previous leaders of the international system is because we made the face of the earth look the way it does, from the international institutions to the widespread virtues of American democracy. Now only if I could make my paper say all that without having to try too hard....

I want a job that I can hold down while still pursuing my interests: reading and writing and playing with nerdy video games and my cats. I am more than ready and willing to spend some time alone, as much time as I can handle at the moment. The one good thing about this year sucking as much as it has, I feel like I'm finally starting to level off, with no insane mood swings and no random crying over stupid things. I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere. We'll see how long that lasts.

Oh well. I hope I can make it to December without wetting myself. That new Kingdom Hearts games is looking mighty tasty...

No comments: