Tuesday, October 21, 2008

yay autumn!

Light send that I have never been one of those disgusting girlfriends that I've been seeing other people be in the past couple of weeks. I had to leave my room yesterday because the displays of affection from one of my roommates and her boyfriend was so uncomfortable. There doesn't seem to be any good reason for people to be that open in public. It's really a little ridiculous.

I accidentally skipped class this morning because I can't tell the snooze button from the dismiss button on my phone. I think this means that I need a real alarm clock. I hate spending money.

Other than that, the heat wave finally broke and the Washington D.C. area has been enjoying some glorious fall weather. I love it when it starts to get cool outside, time to break out the jackets and scarves and gloves. The crispness of the air is so refreshing; it just makes me want to grab a warm drink and sit outside and read. The colors of the leaves on the trees and the little bit of frost on your window when you wake up in the morning... Fall is definitely one of my favorite seasons. Sure, spring is pretty and all, but there is just something about that cool crisp autumn day that just can't be beat.

Remember: for those of you who are voting by absentee ballot, you should have already received it and remembered to mail it back in. I did my civic duty yesterday, and it felt great. You may not think that your vote has any effect, but it does more than you know.

No comments: