Monday, January 19, 2009

Crowded

Why is it that all the cool jobs I want to do require either a graduate degree or some kind of experience in the field for which I'd be working. Seems like it would make it more difficult to get into a line of work, not less.

I had a little bit of a freak out today over a cup of all things, and then spent the rest of the evening trying not to kill someone over it. Tomorrow is the inauguration, so I didn't take my customary middle of the afternoon nap. I need to sleep tonight if there is any hope of me waking up and actually making it down to the National Mall tomorrow morning. A friend and I are supposed to be heading down there some time in the AM, though whether that means we'll be leaving really early or not has yet to be decided. I have already resigned myself to the fact that I'm not going to be able to see a damn thing tomorrow, much less hear anything over the din of the crowd that will be gathering, but it still seems that just by being there I will be witnessing history (never mind the fact that I'm obviously too short to see over anyone's head).

I must say though, I am quite ready to be done with all of the people who have migrated to the city in the past couple of days. The majority of them mind their own business, pay for what they take, and don't give native inhabitants like me any problems. Others, however, decorate themselves with pictures of dead fetuses and walk around in areas where there are children in plain sight. Others sit on the street corners begging for food like a homeless person, despite the fact that there are real people who really do need food out there. It just bothers me. I'm excited for the whole thing, but at the same time I could do without all the people who dive all the way here to see it.

I'm going to attempt to spend the rest of the night doing my reading and prep for the classes I'm eventually going to have this week. Better do it now than worry about it later I suppose

No comments: