Saturday, April 21, 2007

I know my calculus

Very difficult to remember to post things when you have three papers due at the same time (and absolutely no desire to work on them). I'm almost through watching two seasons of Numb3rs, both of which were purchased about a week ago. This does not bode well for next weekend, when all my papers are due.

Numb3rs is proving to be very interesting. It really makes me want to become a mathematician. It also makes me wish I hadn't made such an effort to hate calculus.

Maybe I should make the effort to offer the olive branch towards math. I mean, just because Pre-cal made me want to throw sharp imaginary numbers at my teacher doesn't mean that all math is bad, right? I mean, after I get my PhD in mathematics, I could propose some radical and awesome thesis that would change the math world forever, making me famous. And then I could have an older brother (I'm thinking Brian, since he strikes me as more of the FBI type) who would call me in for his cases to help solve stuff. And then I would find all these practical applications for mathematic equations and help the FBI solve murders and fraud and all that stuff. It would be awesome. And I would be awesome. All because of a little math.

I know my calculus, and it says you + me = us.....

No comments: